• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Diabetes type 1 and 2c-b/MDMA

leppeh

Greenlighter
Hello,

Me and my girlfriend would like to try out some drugs. Personally I have experience with a variety of them, including mushrooms, MDMA and speed. We are mainly interested in empathogenic (is that a correct English word?) stuff, of which MDMA and low doses of 2C-B would be the easiest and probably most fun ones to try.

There is one problem though: She suffers from type 1 diabetes. She has to inject insuline three times a day and once for the night. The amounts of insuline or the severity of the diabetes is unknown to me, if it matters at all.

My question would be: Is there a severe risk to using these drugs (MDMA and 2C-B) while suffering from type 1 diabetes? Anyone who has experience with this disease and drugs or someone who knows what happens to the bloodsugar levels and hormone production after ingestion?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hey Leppeh,
I'm 25 years old, had type 1 diabetes since i was 6 and been using mdma/meth and other drugs with varying degrees of regularity since i was about 16.

The main thing i have encountered is a tendency of stimulants to RAISE the blood sugar levels, possibly meaning an extra injection needs to be done, which could possibly be difficult if you were tripping hard. Also, be sure to really think whether the amount of insulin you are giving yourself is not too much.

I think the main thing to remember is to keep an eye on things without letting it interfere with your trip too much. Perhaps set an alarm on your phone or watch reminding her she needs to do a test every 2-3 hours or whatever time frame you deem necessary, it may be more or less often than that.

I'd also advise eating a nice carb-y meal a while beforehand.

I'm fortunate in that the feelings i get from low or high blood sugar will cut through any drug high like a knife and sober me up temporarily, however, not everyone is like this.

There's a slogan in Australia from an anti-terrorism campaign that was running after September 11....
"Be alert, but not alarmed."
I think that sorta philosophy is a good one to apply in this kind of situation. Stay on top of it, but don't stress so much that you ruin your trip!!

Good evening,

I also have type 1 diabetes (I was also 6 when I got it, im seeing a pattern here) and I have tried both MDMA and 2c-b with great success. I didn't check my blood sugar levels during these experiences so whether or not the drugs have an effect on the blood sugar levels I couldn't say for absolutely sure - but if it does, it's a very minor impact as I never noticed getting too high or too low.

Common sense and minor preparations should make way for an enjoyable experience. Good luck!

A long time ago I used to party with a guy who was a type 1 diabetic and he didn't seem to have any problem taking LSD or MDMA. He was concerned about it but he always seemed to end up fine.

Well, last night we had 100 milligrams of MDMA and it turns out everything was fine. Simply checked bloodsugar levels every 90 minutes and it appears that the MDMA did not influence these levels a lot, since her levels remained in the state they would be without taking any of the stuff :)

How can we find local diabetes or cancer foundations to donate to? We would like to donate money in someone's name, to a cancer foundation or diabetes foundation or something along those lines. Unfortunately, everyone wants to go online these days and we do not want to donate to a foundation over the internet, we would like to do it in person and have a proof of donation (I know that there are printable ones if you donate online, but that requires giving someone your credit card number). So is there any way to locate local places to donate? We live in West/Southwest Michigan.

Last edited:
I know this is a bit old, but hopefully this will help out other people looking for an answer :)

I'm 17 years old and was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes about 3 years ago. I have regularly smoked/drank for the past two years or so, but in the last 3 months i've tried MDMA twice. Both times there were no issues, though the first time my insulin pump was pulled out and had to be replaced (that wouldn't apply to those on shots though )
I did see a slight spike in my blood sugars, but just make sure to test at least once an hour, preferably more, to keep blood sugars under control :)

be safe, never try mdma with people you do not entirely trust. I did it with my boyfriend and a few close friends both times. never take something if you don't know who it's from either! also, make sure everyone you're with or at least a few people are aware of your diabets and now how to help you in case of any emergencis :) don't take too much, and most importantly have fun !

my close mate had this combination last weekend.
he also is a type 1 diabetic, he had absolutley no adverse side effects. please monitor your girlfriends consumption, just to be safe. if your buying pills, be sure to test em first, cause if she was to have an adverse reaction you atleast knew what she consumed.